I had a web design professor tell me once that you couldn’t have more than one skill featured on your website—that you had to pick one niche and advertise yourself as an expert in that field only.
Well, I don’t agree.
I have an endless number of interests and am overly ambitious. A lot of the fields I pursue—such as graphic design and online marketing—often overlap, making an understanding and passion for all the intersecting trades invaluable. Pigeonholing myself under one category would do people who don’t know me a disservice.
So welcome to my site. Sit back, relax, and enjoy getting to know a little bit more about me.
Currently, I am a content and outreach marketer, blogger, and occasional graphic designer/photographer. These fields meld together in my two current positions:
I am also trained in photography and journalism. I went to school for graphic design and marketing at Syracuse University. I grew up in New Jersey, but currently live in Seattle.
When I am not working, I am exploring Seattle’s culinary scene, participating in one or three Underdog Sports Leagues (such as softball or dodgeball), brainstorming ways to make my blogs better, or getting in some fitness at Sound, Mind, & Body gym or Mike Lawson’s fitness boot camp at Green Lake.
2. I am extremely difficult to define. I will just as easily go paint balling as I would go to a Justin Beiber movie (yeah, that happened). Judgements and labels are useless.
3. I am very open minded and willing to try just about anything. I believe life is defined by the experiences you have & the people you share them with. I refuse to miss any opportunity that presents itself.
4. I’ve wanted to be a lot of different things when I was younger, including but not limited to a chef, teacher, astronaut, animal trainer at Sea World, fashion designer, architect, journalist, interior designer, and event planner. I got past most of those.
5. Except an animal trainer at Sea World. I still really want to do that.
6. I started my own business when I was 15 with three other friends. We organized shows for local bands in New Jersey. We once brought in $3000/person profit…do you know how much money that is to a 15 year old?
7. I’ve always been the go-to person among every person I know. Whether it be for life advice, fashion suggestions, a list of the best restaurants, or to edit a paper, I inevitably end up helping most of my peers.
8. I am ridiculously good at Where’s Waldo. I am convinced this is a very important life skill.
9. I’ve been skydiving.
10. I am addicted to Post-Its and making lists.
11. Yes, I grew up every year going to the Jersey Shore. No, I do not lead a life like Snooki. Though I think that show is hilarious because trust me, there are people like that in NJ.
12. I get a lot of grief for being from Jersey. Well Jersey is blowing up now (i.e. all the shows dedicated to The Garden State), so now who has the last laugh? Muahaha.
13. I have a love/hate relationship with New York City. Our tumultuous relationship causes me a lot of stress. But I will always have a place in my heart for the city.
14. I am a spontaneous planner. I swear it makes sense.
15. I’m Italian, Irish, and Dutch, but mostly Italian. It really saddens me how little Italian American food there is in Seattle.
16. My sister and I joke that we will open up a meatball & pasta street food truck in Seattle. Hey, knowing me, it might happen.
17. I’ve consider going back to school to learn culinary arts. I love cooking and eating out. I secretly hate on Gail Simmons on Top Chef every time I watch it. Not because I don’t think she’s fabulous, but because I am jealous she gets to eat and tell people what she thinks of it for a living.
18. I love animals. A lot. I promise, I will own a horse someday. It’s going to happen.
19. I always carry dice on me because you never know when you will need them.
20. I was once charged at by a baby bear while hiking.
21. I named my dog Creatos after God of War.
22. It seriously bothers me when people press the space bar twice after a period. Once people, once.
23. I’ve done a bit of traveling while studying abroad in London & Madrid. My favorite places I’ve visited are Morocco, London, Australia, & Mykonos, Greece.
24. I liked London so much I tried to move there after graduation. They wouldn’t have me.
25. I am determined to travel around the world for a year sometime in my life. There is literally not one place I don’t want to go.
26. I’ve played a lot of sports throughout my life, mainly softball, basketball, rugby, snowboarding & gymnastics.
27. I don’t like kites. Seriously.
28. I’ve worked retail most of my teenage life. I’ve had retail stores fight over hiring me.
29. My favorite store to work & shop at is J.Crew. If I could be Jenna Lyons, I would.
30. I am really hoping mainstream tourism trips into space happen during my lifetime.
31. I can’t really understand how one person is capable of possessing millions of dollars while there are millions of people who can’t afford basic life necessities.
32. I am really into charity, activism, and community service. I regularly volunteer, whether it be raising funds/goods through my blogs, helping clean-up parks, or offering to coach girl’s softball.
33. I went to Australia through ISV on a “voluntourism” trip to help get rid of invasive flora.
34. I was once in an Ovaltine commercial.
35. This list was surprising easy to make, but there is so much more. If you’d like to hear more & exchange stories, please contact me. I think you can learn something new from everyone you meet, so I hope to hear from you.