I regularly speak at various marketing conferences and events. If you’d like me to speak at your next event, please contact me.
To see the slides from my speaking engagements, please see my SlideShare profile.
TOPICS I SPEAK ON:
- Content marketing
I also regularly participate in educational videos (and make awesome faces). Here are some examples.
Client Case Study
“Distilled is who I call to make my problems go away. They’ve helped us navigate through an organizational restructure, growing a team and training. Our efforts are soaring, thanks to Distilled.”
– Josh Braaten, director of inbound marketing at Rasmussen College
Worked with Rasmussen College’s inbound marketing team for 2.5+ years to improve its blog channels and explore bigger content marketing opportunities. Project goal was to 1) increase traffic and student inquiries and 2) develop sustainable and scalable internal workflows.
Took a 2-part approach. First was focused on internal training and workflows, second was aimed at increasing brand awareness, traffic, and inquiries.
Part 1: Improving internal capabilities and workflows
- Spent 9 months training team on effective writing, acting as managing editor for 3–4 months
- Helped establish a new content development workflow
- Developed weekly brainstorm as a way of training team to think about content strategically and incorporating Rasmussen’s existing personas
- Once baseline established, split team up into a “blog channel ownership” structure and trained members on effective goal setting
- Trained team on effective outreach and blogger partnership strategies
- Consulted team manager on effective management tactics and organizational structure
Part 2: Increasing brand awareness, traffic, and student inquiries
- Developed a content strategy around “what career is right for me”, which required the conceptualization and execution of a new career hub, scatter plot visualizing job market competition, interactive career aptitude test, and a salary by state tool.
- Worked closely with Rasmussen’s internal project manager to push projects through production
- Collaborated with Rasmussen’s outreach team to distribute content
- About 86% increase YoY in traffic (up 400% on some individual programmatic blogs)
- About 342% increase YoY in student inquiries
- Placements on Lifehacker, Big Think, and Alltop
- 106K+ visits
- 1.5K social shares
- 29 student inquiries
- Placements on TIME, Refinery29, and Mashable
- 468K+ visits
- Earns the most organic traffic behind homepage
- 3.5K social shares
- 87 student inquiries
- Placements on WSJ, CBS News, and Lifehacker
- 53.5K+ visits
- 2K social shares
I regularly contribute to a wide range of industry publications. If you’d like me to write for your publication, please contact me.
Here are just a few snippets of what I bring to the table. Click on each publication name to see my full user profile and more articles.